Saturday, October 4, 2008

Episode 1: Charlie Ennes has a blog?

I think that many people will be equally surprised and intrigued that I have created a blog. By many, I mean possibly several. I have not been living under a rock. I have known about the "blogosphere" or whatever people are calling it for quite some time now. My slowness to adopt this new form of communication is not for lack of having anything to say (as the possibly several people will tell you). I felt that if I were going to do a blog it would have to have a disciplined direction.

In the end I decided to do Jazz. Not the music, but the style. I will be using many different styles in my posts. Hopefully, through trial and error I will be able to post on a wide variety of topics will maintaining a voice that is unique to me. It will range from calm, logical arguments to downright belligerence. I apologize in advance for my tendency to go off the deep end. It wouldn't be me if I didn't go too far on occasion.

I will be posting a new blog at least once a week. I don't know what day it will be yet. Once I figure it out I will have a day that I post a blog on every week. Sometimes I may start burning on something and have to speak my mind before said day. I will still post on the "regular day".

Now you know what to expect of me. Here's what I expect of you. Civil disobedience. I do not have all the answers (probably not even several). Your input is extremely valuable. Whether you nod your head as you read what I post or if your blood boils with every word. I want to hear about it. Try to remain civil. Not only will people judge you by a single "flame" comment, but you also will burn bridges in communication. My ultimate goal is to bring diverging ideas together. Hopefully the method to my madness can accomplish this.

7 comments:

Sean said...

Hey Charlie, welcome.

Chip said...

I object to your disciplined stance on free speech and latency in joining the blog-o-square. This is my civil disobedience in light of your singular presence. Chew on it.

Charlie Ennes said...

Thanks for that chip :) You threw me a curve ball and actually caught me off guard (I pretend like that doesn't happen very often). I giggled for a fairly solid 3 minutes. I hope that I can come to expect more wit and humor from you in the future :)

Chip said...

Dude ... where's the discipline ... what about this week's square post?

Charlie Ennes said...

Considering I posted on Saturday, I have not failed to keep my end of the bargain :P

Anonymous said...

Hey charlie, YOU HAVE A BLOG!?!?!

Patti said...

Another Blog? More things for me to read in the weeks ahead. Dang you Sean for getting me into this. Charlie, since you NOW have one too, do I need one?????